TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hi Mark. It’s been a while. The reason I’m asking about
People Seeking Info

Subject Hi Mark. It’s been a while. The reason I’m asking about

Posted by Inzane on July 26, 2018 at 9:50 PM
  This message has been viewed 242 times.

In Reply To Hi Jason, I remember you, though it's been a long time. You posted by SirpriZ on July 26, 2018 at 08:11 PM

Message this now is I finally just got my car back together after a 9 year hiatus. Upon driving it, the gear whine is of course one of the first things that jumps out at me. It’s bad, no lie.

Diff fluid is one of the things I still need to change out (just about every other fluid is already done) and since I’ll need to do it soon anyway I thought ask if anyone had made any notable findings over the last decade.

As for the bushings on my car, the SUBFRAME bushings are solid aluminum. The diff carrier bushings are the ES polyurethane.

I’d been in touch with Scott (Zfreak) recently who told me he switched from solid subframe bushings to ES poly bushings (with the help of the CZP collars) and noticed a substantial reduction in drivetrain noise. That gives me a glimmer of hope as something I can try someday to improve the situation.

Inzane

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.